Friday, October 5, 2012

"Between The Folds"- official theatrical trailer.

Origami is Yoda, yes.
          The art of origami will always hold a special place in my heart. How does one make such beautiful and intrinsic sculptures through paper folding? With the combination of my love for movies and the documentaries that shed light onto otherwise unknown realities, I now have a better understanding into this creative expression (preview above). What intrigues me most about origami is the use of technical mathematics, science, and hours of dedicated patience. This art form is used throughout the medical field, let alone any field that requires packaging, which I was unaware of until I stumbled across this film.
          This documentary is available on Netflix, with a running time of 54 minutes. I hope everyone can take time out of their busy schedules for a glimpse into this creative and beautiful art form. I also hope everyone who watches this movie will feel inspired, and be able to take something special from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment