Thursday, December 13, 2012

Penelope

                                                   May 31, 2011 – December 12, 2012

          Yesterday I had to make a tough decision...I was given the role of "God". My cat Penelope, the P-tard, Special-P, and ms. Penelope Priss, had found some antifreeze in the garage from a recent car fixing. The sweet, translucent neon liquid made her to where she could not walk, and sometime later on in the night she began to sieze. She had a total of 7 seizures which we know of. I was at the kitty doctors at eight a.m. sharp (when they open) and delivered my emergency into their good graces. Unfortunately after I took my chemistry final, I received a call stating that she had severe liver damage, and that only 1 out of 100 cats with the damage she had would survive. On the other hand, I was also told that there is an expensive dialysis treatment, for four days/nights, with no guarantee–1:100–for saving her life...which would also induce my cat with more pain.
          I did not take the latter, instead I made a tough decision to end her life before she experienced anymore suffering. Morally was I in the right? To play "God"? For a dumb-ass human error–leaving antifreeze[poison] out. I hope so, for if I was ever hooked up to a machine, I would rather have the plug pulled...end it. Yes, I can make a Wit comparison here, but I will not. My emotions have gotten the better of me today. Hey, at least my P-tard is out of pain...I will truly miss her and I am glad that I can give her my last blog posting for humanities 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment